Date(s) - 08/09/2018
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Duane Reeves, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CPP
Founder / Managing Partner at Gateway Security, LLC
Eavesdropping, Surveillance, and Espionage isn’t just something that happens in the movies. Corporate or Economic Espionage has become a multi-billion-dollar industry fueled by the marketing of sophisticated spy technology to individuals who are deploying covert technology against one another on an unprecedented scale. This presentation is designed to introduce you to the world of electronic surveillance countermeasures and how this field has affected the way Information Technology and Physical Security should conduct security audits/assessments.
The TSCM survey is one of the most under-utilized security assessment services available to security managers. Thus, leaving a void in their overall security programs.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
1. Understand the significance that Corporate & Economic Espionage has on their business
2. Demonstrate that the opportunity for surveillance devices is at an all-time high
3. Define common threats and what the attendee can do to counter those threats
4. Understand how NIST SP 800-53 R4, Risk Assessment, RA-6, Technical Surveillance
Countermeasure (TSCM) Control enhances an organization’s security safeguards and countermeasures.
Duane Reeves is the Founder and Managing Partner at Gateway Security, LLC., headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, he has over 37 years of experience in the security, investigative, and cyber-security fields, spending the past 20 years focused on both Cyber and Physical Security. He has served as a Manager, Security Consulting Services; Manager, Cyber-Security Advisory; Senior Security Consultant; Certified Computer Examiner; Security Project Manager; USAF Security Specialist; and Special Agent with the USAF Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI). Duane’s expertise is found in many industries, including telecommunications, healthcare, finance, insurance, manufacturing, education, legal, military/government, and energy. His work has extended to Physical Security Assessments, Cyber-Security and Physical Penetration Testing, Social Engineering, VoIP and Wireless Security, Security Training and Technical Surveillance Countermeasure (TSCM) Surveys.
Duane holds a Bachelor’s degree from Park University in Criminal Justice and a Master’s degree from Webster University in Management.
He holds the following certifications:
- ISC2 Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- ASIS Professional Certified Investigator (PCI)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
Duane is a member of the American Society of Industry Security (ASIS), (ISC)2 and the Information Systems Auditability and Control Association (ISACA).
If on-line reservations for this event are closed: To inquire about reservation availability or to cancel a reservation, please contact Bob Weber at email@example.com or 314-560-2222.
Bookings are closed for this event.