Date(s) - 06/07/2018
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Detective Michael Kaufman – St. Louis County Police Department
Private Security Coordinator and CCP Investigator
Professional Licensing Manual Updates and Notable Changes:
1. Criminal Record Checks
2. Notification when taking medication that may impair Officer’s ability to perform their essential functions of position.
3. Armed officers required to carry at least one protective device.
4. Appeal process regarding reprimands or revocations for St. Louis City
5. Definitions within the manual & training regarding arrest and authority
MO Concealed Carry Permits and recent changes to MO statue: Unlawful Use of a Weapon
1. Is it legal to carry a concealed firearm in MO
2. Should I obtain a permit
3. Individuals not eligible to obtain a MO Concealed Carry Permit and Armed Metropolitan License
4. Locations where a firearm is not permitted in MO
Detective Michael Kaufman has over 25 years of Law Enforcement Experience since 1992.
Maryland Heights PD, Ferguson PD then St. Louis County PD in 1998. He was assigned to multiple
Precincts. In June 2013, Detective Kaufman was assigned to the Private Security Unit as the Private
Security Coordinator. This unit is tasked with insuring a standard of qualifications, training and
Criminal background investigation for applicants wanting to obtain a Metropolitan Security, Courier or
or Watchman license. This unit is also responsible for the Missouri Concealed Carry Permit.
Detective Kaufman developed a program that is held at the St. Louis County Municipal Police Academy,
“Reloads for SRO’s and School Administrators”.
Detective Kaufman has been an active member of ASIS International-St. Louis Chapter since 12/02/2013.
In 2017 he was Co-Chair of the Chapter’s Law Enforcement & Private Security Officer Appreciation Luncheon.
If on-line reservations for this event are closed: To inquire about reservation availability or to cancel a reservation, please contact Bob Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-560-2222.
Bookings are closed for this event.