Don’t wait until you are out of work to plan your next career move
In the ASIS Career Center you’ll find dozens of quality, on-target opportunities for security managers, across a wide range of industries and specializations. Plus career advice, free career related webinars, and a range of services from resume development to reference check and employment verification. View available jobs, create job alerts, and upload your resume.
Follow @ASIS_jobs on twitter to keep updated on new career opportunities.
Greater St. Louis Area Career Opportunities:
Physical Security System Designer
Faith Group, LLC is headquartered in Saint Louis, MO and is a leader in providing design and consulting engineering services for clients requiring solutions to their facilities and infrastructure challenges.
The candidate will be mentored and trained to design large, complex security system that include access control, video surveillance, digital video storage, intrusion detection, command and control systems and physical security technologies. Candidate is expected to demonstrate a strong motivation to learn and have the ability to listen and follow detailed instructions.
Requirements & Qualifications
The following are requirements and qualifications expected from the applicant:
Desire to learn from and be mentored by experienced security system designers
Ability to work independently while handling multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
Position requires previous security system installation of physical security systems, preferrably for large campus facilities.
PSP or APP
Approximately 25% regional travel is to be expected.
This position will require the development, use and handling of Secure Sensitive Information (SSI) as governed by the Federal Government. Applicant must be able to pass criminal history record checks required to obtain security badges at many client facilities.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary dependent on Education and Experience
- Medical plan available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Certifications, Training and Membership Dues Allowance
- And more
CIGNA/Express Scripts – Corporate Security Advisor
The Corporate Security Advisor, Security Systems will maintain, develop, administer and support physical Security Systems across all company offices / locations involving physical security, access control, security risk identification/assessment, and security management programs. This position will work closely with Security Operations regional and local office personnel involved during day-to-day operations. This position will also liaison closely with various Information Technology groups.
Cigna is a global health service company dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being, and peace of mind. But we don’t just care about your well –being, we care about your career health too. That’s why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career – you’ll make a difference, learn a ton and share in changing the way people think about healthcare.
- Implement, administer and maintain physical security systems by creating and maintaining security information systems, databases, reports, perform back-ups and other security systems application software at company facilities as assigned.
- Make and distribute ID/access badges, locks and keys.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Perform initial technical problem solving or trouble-shooting and/or testing for physical security systems.
- Contact vendors, schedule and/or arrange testing, repair maintenance and service calls.
- Monitor and track trouble and repair tickets, invoices and follow-up as needed to resolve and/or close.
- Assist department management with department projects, records, reports, databases, research and analysis relating to security and loss prevention activities.
- Complete projects involving security systems, hardware, building systems and technology as assigned.
- Ensure that status reports are regularly submitted to department management and that targeted completion dates are met.
- Serve as an expert for physical security systems and technologies.
- Stay abreast of, and recommend, new security technologies for implementation based on objectives and business needs. Keep current on new features, versions and products used by the Corporate Security & Loss Prevention’s efforts to manage security systems.
- Recognize, respond to, and recommend actions to address both potential and realized physical security threats and emergencies affecting personnel or property.
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years or more experience in corporate security systems and technology; Physical Security Professional (PSP) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- Additional certifications in Information Technology related fields such as Network Architecture, LAN/WAN Systems preferred (eg. ProWatch, MaxPro)
- Knowledge of either the Honeywell suite of security products or the Software House Suite is critical to the job function and required for the position (e.g. C. Cure)
- Valid Driver’s License must be obtained within 30 days of employment and maintained in good standing. Either have or have the ability to get a Passport within 3 months of hire.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with electronics, PCs, networks, communications devices, door & locking hardware, alarm devices, CCTV technology and software with emphasis on Card Access Systems, IP Based Video Systems and Alarm Systems is required.
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations, basic familiarity with building code requirements applicable to security systems, NFPA fire & life safety standards is required.
- Ability to exercise good judgment under pressure and critical conditions.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and a general mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be on-call respond to the local site on a 24-hour basis and to work a very flexible work schedule.
- Ability to travel with overnight stays.
Click HERE to apply today!
If your company is hiring, please send job opportunities to email@example.com for review and posting.